Welcome to Lady Eleanor Holles (LEH) International School Foshan, a dynamic, inspirational and joyful learning community, where boys and girls, from 12 to 18 years old, will be encouraged to think critically and creatively, and to become global-minded leaders of tomorrow.
Opening in 2020, LEH Foshan is a day and boarding school that will deliver an exceptional British and international education. Our students will enjoy small class-sizes, exceptional teaching, and a wide range of extra-curricular activities as they prepare to sit International GCSEs and A Levels and graduate into some of the world's top universities.
Once completed, our purpose-built campus will offer superb facilities, specialist performance spaces, as well as spacious sports and recreation areas. Our balanced timetable of academic endeavour and a wide-ranging programme of activities ensures students maintain the balance between work, rest and play necessary for their emotional development, wellbeing and future success.
Building on the impressive track record of our sister school in the UK, LEH Foshan will be a place of opportunity, challenge and friendship; a place to discover passions and talents; and a place that nurtures remarkable young people. Our goal is for our students to become expert learners, unafraid to tackle new and challenging ideas, prepared to take risks and become bold.
LEH Foshan at a glance
- History of outstanding academic achievement from sister school - 23% of students graduate to World Top 10 universities: Oxbridge & Ivy League
- 82% of students were offered places at their first choice university
- 95% achieved A* - B at A Level and 93% achieved A* - A (and 9-7) at GCSEs
- LEH UK was founded in 1710 (over 300 years of academic success) and a top 10 UK Independent School
- Focus on enabling all to succeed in their chosen field
Offers a wide programme of sport encouraging achievement at national and international levels (17 students represented their country in their chosen sport last year)
World-class music and drama
Prioritising happiness without sacrificing achievement
- LEH UK Alumnae in leading roles in society
A truly British education, within an international environment:
- Offering IGCSEs, A Level; recognised and admired by universities worldwide
- Hand-picked UK-trained teachers, with international experience
- Small classes that encourage collaborative learning and working
- Creative, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Individualised teaching: focus on the learning of every individual student
Purpose-build campus, with exceptional facilities:
- Large and spacious campus, with specialists hubs for science, maths, arts and performance
- Full-enclosed classroom blocks with air filters, surround a 400-metre running track and sports field
- Well-stocked library and multi-media centre to encourage research and study
- Comfortable separate boarding houses for girls and boys; communal dining halls
- Large and welcoming staff accommodation to all teachers within the campus
Benefits of Boarding School:
- Building a strong community of students living, working and playing together
- Boarding is a great experience and builds a solid foundation for life as student progress to university
- Full day of learning and activities; teacher-supervised evening school
- Building resilience and perseverance in students in a safe and supportive environment
- Clear, regular and reassuring communication between teachers and parents
- Extended days of learning and activities for Day Students: 8.00am to 5.50pm